Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Off the Beaten Path - SubCentral, Richmond VA

Now depending on where you are and where you're going, this may not actually be off the beaten path for you. SubCentral is located on US-60/Midlothian Turnpike. Actually the address is 5599 Midlothian Turnpike. I know it's directly across from the Celedon terminal in Richmond and I believe there's a UPS terminal nearby? It's also located on a HUGE parking lot for ROC, Richmond Outreach Center so it's very possible (depending on which way you're traveling) to get a truck and trailer in here. Bobtail is super-easy, I'm just trying to remember if turning right into the parking lot would pose a problem if you have a trailer.

SubCentral is a no-frills eatery. Very plain, very boring, usually all the booths are full. They have, you guessed it, subs. and gyros. You can see the lamb roasting behind the counter and it looks delicious! They have specials painted on the glass windows, so I opted for the steak and cheese sub and this is what they gave me:


I know you can't tell but there's actually lettuce, tomato and onion in there! Oh and cheese, can't forget the cheese. While the meat wasn't seasoned, there was a lot of it. Almost, dare I say it, too much? I almost couldn't eat it all but like a trooper and in the name of reporting for the food blog, I muscled through and downed it all! (you're welcome)

I was so full afterwards, but oh..my..goodness was it good. It just needed some seasoning. The price wasn't too bad, either. Pretty cheap (I'm stalling here because I can't remember how much it was, I want to say $5? $6? $7? Oh no I remember now! $8. They're normally $8.95 and I remember the gyro was the same price and I was like "that's a lot for a gyro", but I'm tempted to try the gyro anyway.

Sadly, fries or potato salad or cole slaw are all extra. I figured the sub would be enough so I didn't bother with anything extra and I'm glad I didn't! 

One thing I do know, though, is if I'm in the area and will probably be there overnight, I'm not ordering pizza again, I'm going across the street to SubCentral! I'm glad I discovered this place because I really enjoyed the steak and cheese sub. They also have, well hell, I'll just give you the link.


You can thank me later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment