Saturday, September 28, 2013

Liz Discusses McDonald's Mighty Wings in Rhyme


I decided to try the Mighty Wings,
to see what kind of flavor it brings.
I took a big bite,
and much to my delight,
the black peppery taste? It zings!

...is that technically a limerick? I thought limericks had to be about someone. You know, "There once was a man from Nantucket, who's..." HOLD IT! Liz, this is a family-friendly (mostly) food blog, you can't be bringing that kind of filth in here!


I'm not exactly sure why these had to be battered and deep fried, but hey, it's McDonald's. I believe you can get these in 3, 5 or 10, and as you can see, I went with 5. In my defense, I just got back from Canada and wanted some good old fashioned American food. Shut up, I know they have McDonald's in Canada!

What was good: the crunch was good, the flavor was good, they were juicy. The black pepper can be a bit much though. I personally loved the zing it gave and did not mind one bit.

What was not so good. The on-the-job hazard with these things, particularly the drummie ones in particular was that they were too wide from the ranch dipping sauce. The wingy ones were no problem but the drummie ones were a problem, so keep that in mind.

What else was not so good: NO BLUE CHEESE! But they have ranch, so that's better than nothing I guess. 

If you like wings, definitely give these a try! I hope some day they offer an unbreaded version but that might be where the black peppery zest is hiding.

Good job, McDonald's! You (mostly) nailed it. Now if you can offer something for the more mild flavored crowd. Hey I know! Plain or Zesty. Get on that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Not sure it is a Limerick but the McDs chicken is pretty good. Haven't had a chance to try these yet but will be sure to stop next time we can park a rig close by.

    ReplyDelete