Thursday, July 11, 2013

If your truck breaks down and you're in a hotel...

I found this out by accident, actually, due to circumstances where my truck broke down in Greensboro NC. After dropping my truck off at the dealership, I hopped into a courtesy van to a nearby hotel. I'm not going to go into much detail about the hotel but it was one of the cheapest in the area, the weather stripping on the door was worn off and the bathroom counter came up to my knees. Oh and it had 2 electrical outlets, one behind the bed and a power strip by the TV and mini fridge. Needless to say, all my electronics were plugged into one of those two locations and fortunately the power strip never caught fire for being overloaded.

But I digress, after being tired of eating pizza and Chinese food (this is where the duck sauce incident happened), I happened upon a laminated flyer in the room for a local Italian restaurant. I looked them up online and they had a large variety of food to order. Italian food. Greek food. Mexican food. They had pizza, stromboli,  gyros, burritos, and .... BAKLAVA! I ended up ordering from there frequently (I was broke down for over a week) just to get the baklava.

As it turns out, this restaurant, along with a few others, were part of a network serviced by EatStreet.You go to their main website, eatstreet.com and put in your address and it comes up with a list of restaurants that deliver (or you can pick it up but what's the fun in that?) to your location. At the hotel I was staying at there were 2, so I alternated ordering from them. They had similar items but with slight differences. One place offered gyros, the other place offered gyros, felafel and chicken kebobs. Each store has their own minimum order requirement and delivery charges. When I looked up just what was available in Greensboro there were a larger variety of restaurants including a sushi restaurant!

I've encountered this once before when I was broke down in Denver and there the restaurant network was GrubHub, so definately try both of those websites out if you're broke down in a larger city to see if you have other dining options besides pizza and Chinese.

eatstreet.com
grubhub.com

EatStreet also has coupons where if you order 5 times you get like $$ off I think your next order. I believe you get a coupon after your first order to use on your next one, also.

I'm pretty sure the Dominos and Pizza Hut delivery people were getting tired of seeing me, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment