Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Off the Beaten Path - Toby Keith's I Love This Bar (and Grill)

Last year (here I go again with that but bear with me for now until I get caught up!), my truck broke down and it was a big hassle and blah blah blah, Greyhound, blah blah, cab ride, blah blah International dealership.

So I was in Aurora CO and had picked my truck up the night before. Had nothing going on that day so I thought, "Hey, there's an outdoor mall a little ways down, let's go check it out!" Plus I saw the JC Penney had a Sephora so of course, I had to go. After doing some makeup and perfume shopping I thought "Hmm, what's good around here to eat?" There were a few options but the one that caught my attention was Toby Keith's. Well why the heck not, I've never been to one before, this could be interesting! (with me it's always an adventure, I'm not really sure why that happens).

I walked up through the open air mall (had to leave the truck parked at JC Penney) and found Toby Keith's. I saw a huge open air but not totally uncovered outdoor patio area and of course the front doors. Walked in, told the really nice young lady that I wanted to sit outside, plus it was nice out. They do allow smoking but I didn't see anyone smoking at the booths and I didn't want to be that jerk so I kept them in my purse.

Perused the menu and decided on fried macaroni and cheese appetizer to start and a chicken sandwich. My server was a sweetheart and really nice but more on that later. The appetizer arrives:



I couldn't help but start drooling. Now I've had deep fried macaroni and cheese before but they were bright orange/yellow triangles and these actually looked more appealing and appetizing and they totally were! I loved them and the sauce they came with, which I think might have been ranch but I could be wrong. Maybe it had Horseradish? and ranch? Ranchradish? Now I'm just being dumb, nevermind me.

Then my chicken sandwich came.


Ya know, a little lacking on the presentation but it was actually really good. The fries were cooked just right to where they weren't overcooked and brittle not undercooked and soggy.

My server was a little sweetheart though. We got to talking periodically and she told me of a great accessory store across the street called Charming Charlie's and that's where all the girls that work here go and spend their tip money. Hey, that to me, sounds like a positive review. I was skeptical though because could a thin, busty, gorgeous young lady like her who is wearing a work uniform similar to Hooters but a little more classy and country have similar tastes to a makeup loving lady truck driver? Oh yeah. I loved that little store and told all my friends about it.

But anyway, yeah, hi, the restaurant. Toby Keith's I Love This Bar....and Grille...and mechanical bull drunk chicks in loose tops wearing no bra seem to gravitate to. Try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment