Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Plan, Vision and Focus

Hello there. As you can see this blog is brand new and I don't have a lot of time to work on it today because, well, I have a delivery to make. I've been truck driving for over 4 years now and I've eaten at a lot of truck stop restaurants. Some good, some not so good and some down right horrible.

My vision with this blog is to highlight both the good and the bad. What I find tasty and delightful and what I find to be down right horrid. What are my qualifications? None. I'm fat and I like to eat, that's about it. I don't have any formal training or experience as a restaurant critic, I'm just out here hauling freight and from time to time I like to have a nice meal, which I'm sure a lot of truck drivers feel the same way.

The focus of this blog is really simple: highlight the good and the bad at truck stop restaurants around the country. These include, but not limited to, TravelCenters of America (T/A), Petro Stopping Centers, Pilot/Fying J, as well as the occasional fast food limited time or seasonal items. I will also include local independently owned truck stops if or when I have the opportunity to stop at one.