Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Why, T/A, Why?!

Why did you take the chicken/shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo off the menu?! It was my favorite menu item!! It's so simple yet so delicious, and pretty difficult to screw up.

Why is your Ultimate Grilled Cheese on the 'no reorders' menu? It's a simple sandwich. I'll take a reorder on a different kind of bread to save on cost (that on Texas Toast would be fantastic, just saying.)

Also why are some of your dishes pre-packed to where I ask if I can have a particular item without mushrooms I'm told "No because it's pre-packaged so they can't do that." How hard is it to open the package and pick out the mushrooms? I have an eagle eye for those suckers, it takes me under a minute to pick them  out of the dish in front of me. I just wish they were more accommodating.

And finally, I saved my best for last. Of course I don't remember which T/A I stopped at but again it's irrelevant. I ordered a steak..well..what they pass off as steak. It's not the best cut of meat, I'll just say that. I think myself and this steak were tied at fat percentage, I'll just leave it at that. I'm not a big fan of baked potatoes. They're dry, dull and boring and usually the toppings run out before the potato does. So I ordered mashed potatoes instead. A fair and more enjoyable compromise. Several minutes later my server came up to me and said "We're out of mashed potatoes, do you want a baked potato instead?"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have baked potatoes, wouldn't that mean you still have mashed potatoes? Couldn't the cook just dice the potato and smash it around a bit and voila: mashed potatoes?